Thursday, August 18, 2011

To Read: If It Takes a Village, Build One and Losing My Cool

Found this one on Reading in Color.  I'm generally a fan of Mrs. Rock, so I'm looking forward to this.  My library doesn't have it, but I'm putting in my request.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Service is the rent we pay for living" says preeminent children's advocate Marian Wright Edelman and this is the motto by which Malaak Compton Rock, dedicated humanitarian and wife of comedian Chris Rock, lives her life.   From a childhood grounded in the importance of giving back to her work in public relations at The U.S. Fund for UNICEF to becoming a full-time mother and humanitarian, Malaak's life has fully embodied this sentiment.  


This one, I found on MyBrownBaby.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I think its worth a read.
Synopsis from Goodreads:
A pitch-perfect account of how hip-hop culture drew in the author and how his father drew him out again-with love, perseverance, and fifteen thousand books. 

Photobucket

0 people wrote some stuff:

Post a Comment