Friday, August 5, 2011

Book Trailer: Hartlyn Kids Books!

I am consistently reminded and convinced that I have in my possession the most outstanding collection of friends.  They are innovative, expressive, and forward-thinking men and women who truly want to see this world improve by way of reaching out to children and young adults. I'm always amazed and excited to see what they think of next.

Today, I present my friends from Hartlyn Kids!

This new publisher seeks to distribute books that will give kids the opportunity to travel the globe without ever leaving home, (or their library). The books are written with attention to diversity and culture and even feature a passport stamp in the back for kids to track the countries they've "visited".  Christina and Aisha, the brains behind this beautiful organization are starting something beautiful, and I think you should check it out.  They base their philosophy on this Maya Angelou quote:
Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.

The Hartlyn Kids blog always features great ways for parents to introduce cultural awareness and  interaction with their children.  I have found more than one great craft idea here to use with my storytimes as well.  Check out the blog, leave a comment or two and see if you don't find something awesome for your children, patrons or students.

Here's their new trailer for the first in the Hartlyn Kids book series, The Bamboo Dance by Cress Sia and illustrated by Lisa Butler.



Photobucket

2 people wrote some stuff:

Sidne said...

I came across your blog from another blog. anyhow, welcome to my side of the book blog community. suburb of Chicago. south or north. You kinda remind me of a librarian form U.P.
check my blog out http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

Oh wow - I am just seeing this - thank you!! Hootie Hoo!!!

Post a Comment