Monday, June 13, 2011

Storytime: Father's Day/Dads


The actual theme of this storytime was Dads and Families because we do like to be cognizant of the fact that all children don't have dads. The books I found were sweet however, and had nice overarching themes that could fit any kind of family. Interrupting Chicken can also be used for a Fairytale or Bedtime theme, and Daddy is a Doodlebug was a great find for touching on how we're alike or different from our parents.

Opening Song: My Hands Say Hello
(To the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell")
My hands say hello, my hands say hello
Every time I see my friends, my hands say hello!
(Second verse, etc. my body/feet/head/etc.)
First Story: Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein


FingerPlay: Counting Sheep by Susan M. Dailey(to the tune of This Old Man)

Counting Sheep, Counting Sheep
Helps My (daddy/mommy)
go to sleep.
(Stretch and Yawn)

One sheep, two sheep,
(Hold up appropriate number of fingers.)
three sheep, four--
Soon my mommy
starts to snore.
(Snore.)
(Repeat, replacing family member)

Story #2 - Daddy is a DoodleBug by Bruce Degen

Short Poem:
There are all kinds of families that I see

Some families are large. (spread arms out wide)
Some families are small (bring arms close together)
But I love my family (cross arms over chest) best of all!

Story #3 - I Love My Dad by Anna Walker


Closing Song/Rhyme - We Wave Goodbye:
(Same tune as with My Hands Say Hello)
We wave goodbye like this,
We wave goodbye like this,
We clap our hands for all our friends,
We wave goodbye like this.

Craft:


Photobucket

0 people wrote some stuff:

Post a Comment